For those of you who were online casual gamers of the 90s, you probably remember the wildly popular Slingo, which launched in 1996. Since then, the game has been played by over 55 million people, 50 million Slingo games have been downloaded, and almost 5 billion games have been played online – now that’s a lot of Slingos!
Zynga took this coveted casual game, kept the core gameplay that made it so popular, and has added some Zynga twists. Zynga Slingo gives players a serendipitous, yet skillful slots game with a Bingo-style game board. Zynga Slingo marks the company’s first licensed partnership.
The company has infused some of our own social twists on this contemporary classic, including:
- The Friend Joker: The Joker can be your best friend, literally, Spin up the face of one of your friends on Facebook, and let them make a free match for you. Don’t forget to thank them!
- Medals of Honor: Collect medals to complete levels and unlock even more Slingo fun and features as you progress through the Slingo Worlds.
- Leaderboards: Track the scores of your friends in real time to see who has lady luck on their side, and who doesn’t.
- Power-Ups: You can also send lady luck packing by using some power-ups. Fan favorites, including Slingo Vision, will help you find matches and the elusive Instant Slingo will explode for big points.
- Darn Devil: You’ll find lots of tricks up the Slingo Devil’s sleeve when a coin toss comes your way. Land on the Slingo Devil and lose your hard earned points, but if you get the Slingo Cherub, your score will skyrocket to the heavens.
- Play With Friends: Available soon, players can challenge friends and compete to see who can get the highest score in three rounds.
Zynga Slingo is available to play on Facebook here: https://apps.facebook.com/playslingo/.
The game is available in 14 languages, including: English, Spanish, French, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Turkish, Danish, German, Swedish and Norwegian.
Leave us your comments…