Yahoo has launched new verticals today focusing on food recipes, shopping and entertainment searches. The holiday season closing up Yahoo, one of the largest search destinations for many, is trying to close the gap with Google.
If you search for a food item + recipes, a window will appear on top of the search results page with popular choices from “leading food sites”.
1) You can filer the recipe via a slider with top-rated recipes from AllRecipes.com and other sources
2) a Filter by Ingredient option
3) the obligatory Facebook sharing tool
4) new tabs to filter search results based on their calorie count and preparation time
5) a new “Recipes” tab under the search box that leads to the new Yahoo Recipe Search interface, which offers additional search and filtering options like “meal type,” “occasion” and “rating.”
You can go directly to Yahoo Recipe Search at recipes.search.yahoo.com.
“The new entertainment results on Yahoo! Search present you with immediate answers about your favorite movies, music artists, celebrities and news stories,” the company says. “To read latest news, watch a popular video, or even see what people are saying in the Twittersphere, find it all in one convenient place within Yahoo Search.”
The Shopping tab at the top of the search results, is now richer showing a slider and new “Deals” and “Buying Guide” tabs.
Yahoo has also enhanced its entertainment results with recent social media and blogsphere results such as tweets and events.
“We may introduce more vertical search tabs for specialized content, depending on what our users are looking for,” she says. “Any new vertical search tabs will automatically appear based on the user’s search term and the search results content.”
What do you think of the latest Yahoo Search developments?
Leave us your comments…