In 140 countries, people will be able to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $39.99 (U.S.) online at Windows.com in 37 supported languages and 23 supported currencies starting 12:01 am October 26thmarket-by-market. You can also stop by your local retailer to pick up a Windows 8 upgrade, including special pricing on a Windows 8 Pro upgrade.
If you purchased a Windows 7 PC between June 2nd, 2012, and January 31st, 2013, you can register for the Windows Upgrade Offer where you can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $14.99 (U.S.). Those of you who have already registered for the Windows Upgrade Offer, you will be able to redeem your upgrade. Our OEM partners are also bringing new Windows 8 PCs and devices to market and are available for purchase in stores and online starting tomorrow. If you pre-ordered a Windows 8 PC or device, those pre-orders will start shipping if they haven’t already!
Microsoft has various retailers across the world announcing new Windows 8 offers for their customers. Below you will find a list of offers from retailers here in the U.S.:
- Tablet Trade-in and Trade Up Offer – Consumers can trade in a working old tablet, buy a new Windows 8 tablet and receive up to a $250 Visa Giftcard. Available In-Store and Online 10/26/12 – 12/24/12. Customers must register their tablet here within 14 days of purchasing their new Windows 8 tablet at Staples. Customers will receive a prepaid label in the mail to ship back the old tablet.
- Buy a new Windows 8 device and get Free PC Start-Up, Free Training and Free Support.
- Buy a new Windows 8 device regularly $699 or more, and receive Free PC Start-Up, Free Training and Free Support and Free Data Transfer.
- For more information the Windows 8 offers, click here.
- PC Home Makeover – includes Samsung Series 5 laptop, Samsung Series 5 Touch Screen All-In-One, Samsung Series 5 Touch Screen Ultrabook, 1 year Geek Squad Support, 1 year Kaspersky Antivirus and PC Data Transfer for $1,999. Available Online and in-store beginning 10/26, while supplies last.
- Buy 2 Samsung Touch LTs and 1 Samsung AIO, save $600 ($2,599 down to $1,999).
- For more information on the Windows 8 offers, click here.
- Trade In/Trade Up– Bring in a working laptop (any PC as long as it can power on) and get at least $100 towards a new Intel-Inspired Ultrabook.
The global list of retail offers can be found here.
Leave us your comments…