DameWare 9.0 has officially been released! This marks the second major release of DameWare this year. The company has implemented features and enhancements specifically requested by the DameWare community and customer base. Here are the highlights:
1. Support for Mac and Linux endpoints – DameWare MRC now supports remote control sessions to Mac and Linux systems.
2. vPro AMT support – MRC and DameWare Remote Support (formerly NT Utilities) now support native remote control and power management functionality on Intel vPro AMT systems.
3. NT Utilities has been renamed to DameWare Remote Support, giving the product a name that is more relevant to the problems it solves and eliminates a reference to an antiquated operating system.
4. Agent backwards compatibility – As of 9.0, DameWare MRC is backwards compatible with older versions of the agent starting with 7.0. This means you can use 9.0 to connect to an endpoint running an older version of the agent without having to upgrade the agent.
5. Support for silent installs – customers can install the software and activate their license w/o having to manually enter a Gen2 activation key.
If you’re an existing customer on SolarWinds maintenance then this upgrade is absolutely free to you. If you’ve yet to purchase through SolarWinds, you can download and try the new features for free for 14 days. Purchasing 9.0 gets you a year of maintenance which entitles you to free upgrades and support.
Leave us your comment….