Page admins can now target their Page posts to control who sees them. You can limit your post’s audience so only certain people see it, or add news feed targeting to optimize your post’s reach.
How do I control who sees my Page’s posts?
There are two ways to control who sees your Page’s posts:
Limit your post’s audience so only certain people will be able to see it
Add news feed targeting to optimize your post’s reach
To limit or target your posts, make sure your Page has post privacy gating turned on:
- From the top of your Page, click Edit Page
- Select Manage Permissions
- Check the box next to Post privacy gating
- Click Save Changes
Limit Your Post’s Audience
To make sure only certain people will be able to see your post, click the dropdown Public menu when you’re writing your post and select Location / Language. Type in the countries or languages of the people you want to see your post.
Your Page post will only show up in news feed or on your Page for people in the countries you choose or for people who speak the languages you specify. Even if people share your Page’s post with their friends, only friends in the audience you choose for the post will be able to see it.
Target Your Posts
Add targeting to your Page posts so only the most relevant people will see them in their news feeds. Unlike when you limit your Page’s audience, adding news feed targeting does not affect who can see the post on your Page. Hide posts that you don’t want anyone to see when they visit your Page.
To add targeting:
- Before you publish your post, click the target in the sharing tool.
- Click Add Targeting and choose one or more filters:
- Click the options on the right side to choose who you want to target your post to. For example, when targeting by gender, Male is automatically selected. Click Male and select Female to target your post to women’s news feeds instead.
- When you’re done adding filters, click Post.
As you add filters, the number of people your post is targeted to will update next to Targeted to:. The more filters you add, the fewer people you’ll target. The minimum number of people you can target your post to is 20.
Let us know what you think about Page post targeting.
Leave us your comments…