Who says Ramen is a poor man’s food? Sure, it costs around $.35 per package, is sold in bulk and generally regarded as an unhealthy meal alternative but with the right presentation and ambience, a Ramen dinner could be divine. TIME magazine recently featured MisoSoupDesign’sAnti-Loneliness Ramen Bowl, which is a large black or white Ramen bowl with a convenient built-in iPhone dock. Its name also appropriately suggests that the iPhone-equipped soup bowl cures loneliness. While filling our soul with the tasty goodness of Creamy Chicken Flavor Ramen or Campbell’s Soup’s Chicken Stars, lonely singles can check out their online dating account or long-distance lovers can Facetime.
The versatility of this purposeful docking station is genius. It fulfills needs we never knew we had. Cook a Japanese dinner for date night and serve savory, brothy miso soup in his and hers Anti-loneliness Ramen Bowls. Then take your soup to an outdoor patio or front porch and play a movie on your iPhone. It’ll be a date you’ll never forget! If you’re a big fan of breakfast (and multi-tasking), then the Anti-loneliness Ramen Bowl is a must for your cookware, err, gadget collections. Is shopping for identity theft protection on your endless list of things to do? Check out those LifeLock reviews on your iPhone over a giant bowl of Fruit Loops and a Muy Grande! cup of coffee. You can completely free your hands for eating while talking to your faraway friend on the phone. You can fill it with popcorn and watch a movie anywhere.
Creative iPhone Docking Stations
For some reason, the idea of being able to dock your iPhone to any type of device is fun.
Check out these unique iPhone docking gadgets:
- Lumberdock: This hand-carved docking station looks like a tree stump right out of the wilderness. Charge your iPhone right in the middle of this authentic-looking 100 percent handmade piece of artificial bark.
- iRetroPhone: Designed to be a vintage-style telephone, iRetroPhone syncs to your iPhone. Download a free app to turn your phone’s interface into a retro dial. When your smartphone rings, pick up the handset and say, “hello.”
- MegaPhone: Whether the white, black or gold-plated version catches youreye, the MegaPhone makes a design statement. Not only is this docking station a stylish gadget, it plays music with amplified acoustics. It’s made of ceramic and, although a little pricey, it’s more of a piece of decor to show off anyway.
- Illest Boom Box: Mimicking the look of a 90s old-school boom box, this gadget looks exactly like the type of docking station a modern-day Fresh Prince of Bel-Air would tote around. According to reviews, it plays with premium bass and bumping beats.
- Rock Dock: Gamers with love for Nintendo and the original Mario Bros. will get a kick out of charging their iPhone in a retro Nintendo controller. It’s a quirky iPhone accessory that expresses gaming love for Tetris and Zelda.